Oblique Arts is an artist led organisation. We enable communities to work with us to explore their creative potential through high quality visual arts projects. We provide unique creative workshops, projects and multimedia installations for the public, individuals and groups to inspire and educate. We use the arts to encourage critical thinking and creative action. We specialise in working with at risk young people and hard to reach communities.
- Saturday, May 14, 2022
- 2:00 PM 4:00 PM
- Histon Library School Hill Histon, England, CB24 9JE (map)
Join Oblique Arts in an upcycle workshop and be shown how to create fabulous fashion from your cast away clothing! Customise your item with fabric spray paints, stencils, fabric pens and a treasure trove of jewels and materials. Then model your creation in a giant upcycled frame and be photographed for Oblique’s eco fashion gallery. Look unique & individual with newly created one-off pieces!
The fashion Industry is arguably the 2nd largest polluter of the Earth! Help save the planet & reduce landfill. No sewing skills required.
Clothes for upcycling and t-shirts for printing will be supplied, but participants are encouraged to also bring along their own clothing items to customise.
On the day of the workshop, upcycled outfits and eco-films will be on show in the libraries.
- The film in the exhibition has no sound.
- There will be 5 artists to support up to 20 participants in each workshop.
- Having your photograph taken is optional. If you want your photo taken but do not want it shared please tell the artists on the day. If you are under 18, please ask your parent to write their permission for your photo to be shared or bring them with you to sign a permission form. If you have questions about the use of photos, please email us.
- Venue access information (parking, toilets etc)
Running time: Workshop 2 hours, Exhibition drop-in
Suitable for: All ages 10+ yrs
Tickets: £6 / £3 (Eco-Fashion Exhibition – Free)
Window Display for Winter Wanderland
Oblique Arts Window Display for Winter Wanderland at Barnwell Road Library, Barnwell Rd, Cambridge CB5 8RG – brought to life and installed by Oblique artists Penny Sobr Karen Kellet and Sibylle Hutter. Penny Sobr designs. If in the area brighten your day and take a look.
Please contact us if you would like to work with us.
We are always looking for volunteers or artist to support our projects
Oblique Arts is a registered charity based in Cambridge, UK.
Charity no. 1142653